This blog is going to be about the many "Gifts" I have in my life and the story of the Gift family, especially the newest Gift, our baby Colton. I love to take pictures and share stories with friends, so what better place to do that! I am a therapist and Bobby works in sales and are enjoying our new job as parents!
Friday, March 21, 2008
The power of positive thinking
I found myself in a familiar place of sadness and hopelessness again last night when I got a negative pregnancy test and my period. As much as I wanted to crawl in a hole and ignore life for a while I had a therapy session of my own and the timing was great. It sometimes feels hard to take doses of our own medicine as therapists but I've really enjoyed what I get from this lady. I've wanted to have children for as long as I can remember in my life and the urgency just keeps feeling stronger. I think I've been so fearful of this not happening that I am always preparing myself for disappointment. So I know hurt and disappointment are part of life but I am making a consious effort to be positive and hopeful about this process. I will be a mom, I may not know when or exactly how, but I'm choosing to believe this and have a little more faith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm a very firm believer in getting yourself "therapied" - you can't take care of others unless you're taking care of yourself...this is true for our profession and the profession of motherhood you'll be welcomed to very soon.
I agree with Jeanelle! I'm really sorry it didn't happen this month :(
Post a Comment