Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!

2007 was a year that tested my faith, heart, sanity and finances and at times it felt like any other category someone could come up with.   The year began feeling the happiest I think I 've ever been. Bobby and I were enjoying our new house together, he was expected to get a promotion with a significant raise in pay and we were thrilled about expecting our first baby.  We had just been a few days earlier to see and hear the heartbeat together and felt such joy and support from our families in anticipating this baby.  On January 17th, at 10 1/2 weeks, we found out there was no longer a heart beat and on January 19th I had to have a D&C and say goodbye to the pregnancy I had longed for my entire adult life and a tiny baby who never got the chance to share it's life with us except for a few short weeks I now hold very dear.  For being the toughest and most painful experience I've been through I can say that I saw the qualities I love most about Bobby tenfold during this time and was amazed at how much closer we became going through this together.  There are certainly moments, sometimes long ones that it is difficult to see the blessings in the sadness, but this certainly is one.  

I won't share as much detail about  all of  the other stressors, it was a difficult year at work, Bobby's company was bought out by another company and the promotion disappeared and we had to pay $3000 for a new sewage system all within the first two months of the year. The rest of the year I really think was trying to heal and recover from the first few months. 

Another blessing this year was all of the friends I have made and the friendships I have that have supported me so much around the issue of loss and fertility.   I am grateful we have God, each other, our home, income and a plan to make our finances stronger and my two cats (they give me so much comfort and laughter).  

I hope 2008 brings some peace, joy, wealth and baby Gifts.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm sorry you had such a hard year. I hope 2008 has a lot of wonderful things in store for you!