We got movie gift certificates for Christmas from Bobby's mom which was really exciting since going out is not in the budget. We went to see Untraceable tonight which I enjoyed for a suspenseful movie but crazy disturbing things the killer in the movie did made me realize how desensitized people have become to movies. Some of it was really traumatic.
This blog is going to be about the many "Gifts" I have in my life and the story of the Gift family, especially the newest Gift, our baby Colton. I love to take pictures and share stories with friends, so what better place to do that! I am a therapist and Bobby works in sales and are enjoying our new job as parents!
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Well Dave says...
Sometimes I have to stop and laugh at myself lately when Bobby and I are talking about our budget and household plans because very often the words, "Well Dave says..." come out of my mouth. The good thing is he does it too. Many of you have probably heard me talking about Dave Ramsey or know about it yourself. I don't want to feel like I'm basing all decisions about money on this guy but he makes sense most of the time, is funny and more than anything I like that it keeps us motivated to keep working on it. I'm so grateful that Bobby and I have been on the same page about almost everything we've talked about in this process and are working together. So now on Sunday mornings we go to Financial Peace University classes for 13 weeks at a local church. Ol' Blue is just the beginning and Dave says (lol) that "If broke people think you're weird, than you're doing a good job". So we're about to get really weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so impressed with you guys - I'm really huge on getting/staying out of debt and "being cheap." It's hard though because most people don't live that way. It's easy to want what others have, then I remember, they probably bought it with credit or money they don't have!
BTW - you're in the lap!!
Post a Comment