


Colton Robert Gift arrived Saturday December 13th at 8:59pm weighing 7 pounds and 19 1/4 inches long. I had contractions most of the day Friday and my water broke about midnight Friday night so it was a long labor and much more challenging than I anticipated but sooo worth it when I got to meet our little guy. Bobby was an incredible coach through the labor and delivery and is so proud of and in love with Colton. It's been really fun to watch. Colton spent 5 days in the NICU which was hard to not have him with us but the hospital let us stay for free after I was discharged so we could be with him and work on breastfeeding which was a challenge as he had to be under th billiruben lights as much as possible. We are home and doing well now, made it through Christmas without everyone thinking I'm a completely overprotective mom, but I didn't let everyone hold him at Christmas gatherings because I don't want him to get sick and then Bobby and I ended up with the stomach flu the week of Christmas. Colton is doing well though, he is very sweet, pretty laid back and soothes himself most of the time but he has a fiesty temper when it comes to eating. He wants it immediately and is not always patient enough to nurse, but we're working on this. As soon as he gets to eat he's happy and laid back again. Bobby and I, mostly me, are trying to adjust to very little sleep but I love my time just snuggling with Colton and bonding. It is an amazing feeling that he is ours. We have alreay taken more than 200 pictures so here are just a few:)
1 comment:
Finally, pictures!!! Big congratulations!!! You're going to be such a great mom!
Post a Comment