



The 17th of January last year we found out there was no longer a heartbeat and today is the anniversary of having a D&C and saying goodbye. Among by babycenter friends who also lost babies in January 07, we call them our angel babies and celebrating our angelversaries. Corny I know but nonetheless my new reality. I really thought I had grieved so much during the first few weeks and months that I would be happy and it wouldn't have as significant an impact for so long, but that was not the case. There were so many milestones to grieve, such as all the stages of pregnancy that I so longed to go through and then the due date and then feeling like I was supposed to be off work on maternity leave and holding my little one. It was hard to see people at walmart with babies the age mine would have been . Added to the grief has been feeling so confident that we would be on our way to welcoming another baby into our lives and that hasn't happened yet. A little part of me is relieved to have the big milestones over now and I continue to try to focus on the future and move forward. I so appreciate those of you who have offered support and understanding on this journey. I truly treasure your friendships.
Girls Night
So on to new things in the new year, a bunch of old friends got together for girls night and 1 boy( little Lucas) was there charming us:) It was good to catch up with everyone and see some of the little ones. Tandy's little girl Mackenzie and Kelly's little boy Lucas and Jenni's son Brendon came home with dad at the end of the eveing to show off his room and "Baby Brooke's Room", which I should have taken a picture of because it is so darling! So here are a few pictures from the evening.
2 comments:
Great pictures! It was really fun to see everyone!
I'm sorry about your "angelversary". I really hope you are blessed with a baby soon. You'll be a great mom!
I'm very sorry I missed it - looks like lots of fun was had - def count me in next time!
Post a Comment